Its Finally April! Were reviewing the best advice we can offer students for the upcoming month! You better take notes here because this is PRICELESS info on how to land your next internship or job! READY? Here we go…
From the Bar to the Boardroom: How to transform your weekend outfit into your Interview outfit in MINUTES!
We know that with the incoming warm weather, you may want to go out, show some leg, and hit main street for all the local drink establishments, so lets go over some tips in case you find yourself having to recycle outfits for a boring job or internship interview.
- Don’t bother spraying your shirts with Febreeze… employers are intrigued by the smell of booze on clothes. It shows initiative that you were even able to wake up for the interview after such an eventful night.
- Ladies: Take a tissue & wipe off the bottom of your eyeliner. Leave on the rest and it will look freshly done!
- Gents : The whole full suit stereotype is SO outdated… show those interviewers you have some real style with some fresh converses and jeans.
Here are some appropriate looks for interviews to let people know you’ve had a busy night!
The Art of making the perfect resume:
- Make sure to choose a very elusive font, as employers like a sense of mystery to draw them in. Recommendations: Franklin Gothic Heavy (Make it BOLD!)
- Another option is to have a friend write your resume. There’s a reason why they are your friends…they know you the best!
- Include clever hashtags. Employers love it when you make them laugh. Ex: #ImTotatllyQualifiedForThisJob #HireMeorDIE #ImBrokeAndItsNoJoke #ImAKillerIntern
- No need to proofread!
- Use profanity if need be.
Spruce up your Online Profile:
Noooo we’re not talking LinkedIn here… Lets see those Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages please!
- Upload your best beer pong match to YouTube ASAP and title it with your full name (Middle Initial Included). Employers want to see your competitive edge and you want to make it easy for them to see that. Bonus: If you are a regular champion…hashtag it on your resume! #BeerPongChamp
- If you don’t have a Red Solo Cup in your profile picture, you’re doing it wrong. Fill it up, instagram it to your facebook page & show us your best Saturday 2am face. An employer’s dream.
- Employers want entry-level employees who take charge of the company on Day 1, so show off your authoritative skills by throwing in some disrespectful statements on your public Facebook & Twitter profile.
Nail your Interview!
Bring a pal to that next interview, especially if you’re hungover (which you should be)!
- Always interview in pairs just like Brennan and Dale from Step Brothers.
- Don’t bring copies of your resume… it looks like you’re trying too hard.
- Arrive 5-10 minutes fashionably late to the interview. If you are punctual, then employers will always expect you to be on time.
- Have your friend do all the talking for you—employers love to get real opinions of you from your friends’ perspective prior to hiring.