Caroline Ambrose ‘19
Title: Production Assistant, All In with Chris Hayes
Organization Name: MSNBC
1. In one sentence, what does your job entail?
I manage the show’s social media accounts, create clips to publish online, and coordinate the show’s on-air graphics.
2. What planned and unplanned events connected you to your industry and your first employer after Holy Cross? How did you learn/decide it was a good fit for you?
During the summer before my senior year at Holy Cross, I landed an internship at NBC Nightly News through an HC alumna who was a senior digital producer there at the time. I had always been interested in digital media, and I found that I really enjoyed the intersection of social media and journalism. I loved how each day offered a new and exciting opportunity to tell a story. I also loved the collaborative and supportive environment that NBC News fostered.
After my internship, I stayed in contact with HR and some of the people I worked with at NBC News, and I leveraged those connections to interview for the position that I have now.
3. What were you involved in when you were on campus?
Writer’s Workshop, Study Abroad, Digital Transgender Archive, Admissions Senior Interviewer/Greeter, Class Gift Committee
4. What was your major and how did it affect your career decisions?
As an English major, I knew I wanted to pursue a career where I could exercise my creativity and fulfill my interest in story-telling. This left me with a lot of options, but it also helped narrow down what I did NOT want to do.
5. What are one or two skills that you developed at Holy Cross that you use in your work?
I think my liberal arts education at Holy Cross encouraged me to approach the unfamiliar with openness. As a Production Assistant, I’ve had to learn a lot of new skills on the job, and I think HC taught me how to be comfortable with tackling those new challenges head on.
6. What advice do you have for students on campus today?
Take advantage of the resources the Career Center has to offer! I had the counselors look over all of my cover letters and resumes, and scheduled plenty of mock interviews with them throughout my time at HC (including when I was abroad).