You’ve probably been encouraged to take advantage of college resources on many different occasions in your academic career. However, it is not always clear how or which programs are best suited for you.
In this installment of “What’s in Hogan 203?” we will reacquaint you with the services and resources offered virtually by the Career Planning site. The mentioned sites are definitely worth taking a look!
STEP 1: Log on to www.holycross.edu/careerplanning. Click “Online Resources”
- First on the top right corner, you will find our “Self-Help Guides.” These packets will take you step-by-step through the process of developing your Resume, writing a Cover Letter and learning more skills to help you score your dream internship or job. This is the place to start learning how to develop your professional profile, while avoiding a major faux pas.
All of these guides are also offered in print inside the Career Planning Center- Hogan 203.
- In the top left hand corner, we offer Powerpoints of our “Online Workshops.” These resources focus on more specific situations, such as the different types of interviews you may encounter. While the first section centers on more general advice, this is the place to look for tips when you’ve narrowed down the companies you’re applying for OR if you’ve already scored an interview.
Step 2: Crusader Connections
Before going through the “External Links” section, head over to Crusader Connections, where we post a TON of internship/job opportunities. To access these, sign in and familiarize yourself with CRUSADER CONNECTIONS. Throughout your job search, Crusader Connections will be your best friend… if you know how to navigate it. For a full Crusader Connections tutorial, check out last year’s blog post.
Step 3: External Links
Now it’s time to tackle the bottom section of “External Links.” All of these links provide helpful information about potential career paths or current internship/job opportunities. Look confusing? We’ll break it down for you….
- Still not sure where your career path is heading? (P.S. No one really does)
- Search by Major on this site.
- Search the Stats here
- Specific advice for Liberal Arts students: here
- Considering Abroad? Head to this site.
- Ready to gain experience? Search for specific internships:
- Know what career field you want to pursue? Look for specific jobs:
- General National Job Search (Sign on via Crusader Connections)
- Considering Non-profits? Check this site out.
- More jobs here!
- Bonus: Interview & Career Fair Opportunities:
- LARC Interview Program & Career Fair: Check it out here!
**If accessing any of the above links off campus, sign on to Crusader Connections & go to “Career Resources” box**
Now it’s time to use these resources & start your Career Search!