Interested in career in international affairs? Jump start your global career at the Foreign Policy Association University (FPA U).
According to the program website, FPA U “provides internationally minded individuals with the tools they need to realize successful careers in global affairs. Established by the renowned Foreign Policy Association, FPA U offers specialized seminars, networking opportunities and invaluable access to insider information for the next generation of global professionals.”
Seminars are offered in New York City, Washington D.C. and Boston. Register for seminars online (links provided below). Discounted packaging pricing available; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Spring 2012 seminars include:
Global Careers Boot Camp
- Where are the jobs? Discover a variety of international opportunities
- What degrees, internships, and training programs are best?
- How do I break into the field? Networking & application guidance
Landing a Job in International Development
- What are the current jobs in development?
- What’s the deal? Field work vs. Headquarters, salaries, lifestyle
- What are employers recruiting for right now?
Opportunities in International Exchange & Education
- What kind of jobs are out there? Examine this dynamic field
- Who’s hiring? NGOs, think tanks, government, schools & more
- How do I get an edge? Networking, resumes, successful interviewing
Breaking into Global Finance
- Explore career options in finance & banking worldwide
- An insider’s view on networking, training, & landing the job
- Leveraging your finance background into exciting opportunities
All seminar attendees receive:
- Course-specific FPA U Tool Book
- Automatic enrollment in the Foreign Policy Association’s Global Jobs email alerts
- Free half-year digital subscription to Foreign Affairs Magazine
- Light food and drink during networking session
. . . . . . . . . .
Foreign Policy Association University FAQ’s:
Who should attend?
Professionals, recent graduates, and students considering or preparing for a global career, looking for the insider track on how to break into the field.
What will I learn?
Each specialized course explores career options, where the current jobs are, the hiring process, and how you can distinguish yourself within a competitive market.
Who are FPA U instructors?
Our courses are led by professionals from dynamic backgrounds who are experts in their field. They bring international experience, career development, recruiting know-how, and tailored guidance to each seminar.
. . . . . . . . . . .
For more information or to apply for FPA U, please see visit www.fpau.org.