Name: Jack Kenney
Class Year: 2016
Organization Name: SV Health Investors
1. In one sentence, what does your job entail?
I help form, fund, and guide companies that make cutting-edge medicines.
2. What planned and unplanned events connected you to your industry and your first employer after Holy Cross? How did you learn/decide it was a good fit for you?
I connected with my first employer after Holy Cross (ClearView Healthcare Partners) by reaching out to an alumnus, Rich Mynahan ’93, to learn more about his career.
3. What were you involved in when you were on campus?
Men’s Varsity Ice Hockey and StEP, a non-profit founded by Jake Medina ’16.
4. What was your major and how did it affect your career decisions?
Chemistry and Economics, which helped build the foundation of my interest in finding a way to blend business and science throughout my career.
5. What are one or two skills that you developed at Holy Cross that you use in your work?
The critical thinking and writing skills that I was able to hone at Holy Cross through a Liberal Arts education are some of the most important tools that I use on a daily basis in my career.
6. What advice do you have for students on campus today?
Use the scientific method to reflect on and build your career: be constantly generating hypotheses regarding how you’d like to shape your career, test that hypothesis through reaching out and asking alumni questions, working to secure summer internships, or finding ways to work part-time during the semester, and refine your hypothesis as you go. Once you’re highly confident you’re interested in or passionate about something, double-down and dive deep.