Name: Cameron Lawson
Class Year: 2017
Organization Name: National Development
1. In one sentence, what does your job entail?
Evaluating, acquiring, improving, and ultimately selling existing real estate and development land.
2. What planned and unplanned events connected you to your industry and your first employer after Holy Cross? How did you learn/decide it was a good fit for you?
The Holy Cross Real Estate Panel is where I met James, Colin, Katie, and Paul, who coached me throughout the job search process and ultimately helped me get started at National. I am extremely thankful for their (and others) support. While at Holy Cross, I attended several of the on-campus and off-site events organized by the Pre-Business Program and the Careers Department including but not limited to NYC Finance Boot camp, Mock Super day, Real Estate Panel, Excel and Argus Boot camp, and Marketing Communication and Sales Workshop.
3. What were you involved in when you were on campus?
I was a member of the Holy Cross Real Estate Club, the Holy Cross Finance Club, and the Men’s Hockey Team. I attended many Pre-Business Program workshops, presentations, and events. I also particularly enjoyed the annual Working for Worcester ‘build day’ –an event that I still attend each year.
4. What was your major and how did it affect your career decisions?
The economics major helped me better understand the “why” behind changing trends in real estate and global financial markets. To this day I enjoy studying economics.
5. What are one or two skills that you developed at Holy Cross that you use in your work?
Problem-solving and communication skills.
6. What advice do you have for students on campus today?
Work hard, stay out of trouble, and take advantage of all of the wonderful resources that Holy Cross has to offer.