Fall semester is underway and we have a number of career related events coming up that we’d like to remind you of! The Finance, Accounting & Banking Intern Panel will take place September 14th from 7:00 – 8:30 in Hogan 320. Our annual Fall Career Fair will take place September 21st from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. in the Hogan Ballroom. Here are a few helpful tips as you prepare to attend these events.
Finance, Accounting & Banking Intern Panel
- This is your chance to talk to fellow students who have interned in an industry that may be of interest to you! Know which students will be participating in the panel.
- There will be a Q&A session following the panel where you can mingle and chat with a number of students who interned in finance, accounting or banking this past summer. Prepare some questions that you’d like to ask!
- Talk to interns from the various industry groups so you can truly compare and contrast their experiences to determine the right fit for you.
Attire is casual. This is an informal event for you to interact and network with your peers.
- Know which employers will be in attendance. The list of employers attending the fair can be accessed here.
- Make a list of the top ten employers that you are most interested in. Then, Do you Homework!! Research the company and their industry. Use the following resources:
- Company website
- LinkedIn company page
- Google the company to see if there are recent articles or news releases
- Anticipate questions you may receive about information on your resume. Practice answering those questions.
- Create and practice your “Elevator Pitch”. An elevator pitch is a short (30 second) introduction of your professional self. Think about your skills and experiences and what you have to offer an employer. Think about how you might articulate those skills and experiences.
- Compile questions you might ask the employer that demonstrates your interest and that you’ve done your research on their company.
**When in doubt, if you’re not sure what to say to an employer, just introduce yourself and they’ll take the lead from there!
Attire is business professional. Please have several copies of your resume with you to hand out to employers. Carry your resumes is a professional portfolio or folder. Gather business cards from the employers you talk to.
We look forward to seeing you at the Career Fair! Get ready to WOW those employers!!
We are here to help! If you have any questions about the Finance, Accounting and Banking Intern Panel or how to best prepare for the Career Fair, stop into the Center for Career Development office, Hogan 203, during drop in hours M-F 1-4 pm and Wednesday 10-12 pm.
(Written by Julie Draczynski)