Name: Jackie Ford
Class Year: 1991
Title: Chief Financial Officer
Organization Name: America’s Test Kitchen
1. In one sentence, what does your job entail?
I analyze the financial and operational metrics of the company to guide the strategy.
2. What planned and unplanned events connected you to your industry and your first employer after Holy Cross? How did you learn/decide it was a good fit for you?
I was an eco/acctg major at HC and so I went into public accounting initially and stayed there fore 10 years. My first job after that was at a client which I landed through networking. It was a good fit because the company and the people were already known to me.
3. What were you involved in when you were on campus?
Sports information office, Resident Assistant, Purple Key Society
4. What was your major and how did it affect your career decisions?
I began my career in public accounting. I choose the smallest of the big firms at the time because I wanted to work with smaller companies. It was amazing to work with small and middle market companies as I got to work with so many companies each year and see so many different industries.
5. What advice do you have for students on campus today?
Meet or speak with as many people you can to find out what you want to do to launch your career. In launching your career you might consider any of all of the following: where you want to live, what industry you want to focus on, a specific role or function, big company, small company, or start-up. You first job is your opportunity to test the waters. Ask people what they do all day and try and figure out if that interests you. Networking is very very important to your success so start now.